No of new member volunteers
Membership year 2021/2022 + 3 months
Content steering committee
The goal of this working group is to identify investment studies that explore new investment topics, shine a new light on investment practices or theories and propose a fresh perspective to our members. Content should be based on an academic or white paper or be presented by a distinguished thought leader in the particular field.
The scope could cover any investment industry related interest. The paper should be well researched regardless of line of thought. Well researched and thought out pieces are welcome, which does not in any way imply CFA Society UK supports that line of thought.
The group should aim to deliver a programme across the 2021/22 membership year and beyond that engages with as much of CFA UK’s membership as possible.
The group is tasked with:
- Identifying where CFA UK has gaps in content around the area of Investment Studies
- Curating content for Discover that lines up with the competency framework with a focus on filling identified gaps
- Creating or commissioning original content for Discover:
- Ensuring content is in line with CFA UK’s quality standards
- Contacting subject matter experts requesting original submissions
- Interviewing subject matter experts over zoom to create video content
- Identifying potential podcast guests
- Proposing webinar topics and speakers around the area of Investment Studies in line with event delivery schedule
- CFA UK Events Team will provide a clear event delivery schedule for your group for H1 and H2
- Regular liaison with the Head of Professional Learning and Events Team to ensure the best content delivery
Who are we looking for?
- members who have strong networks across the investment profession
- Volunteers who regularly attend events and have interest in leading/hosting at least one event
- Volunteers who would like to create and/or curate relevant content
- Availability for around three meetings throughout the membership year plus conference calls and work to move ideas forward between meetings
- Ability to work with a group to shape ideas.
- Understanding of what would interest the membership
How CFA UK will help:
CFA UK staff will attend your first meeting of the new membership year and deliver a short 30 minutes workshop to help you understand better how to achieve the deliverables you have been tasked with.
CFA UK will work out all logistics for the events (booking venues, working with suppliers etc.), all marketing to the membership via the events listing and emails, the technical operations for the webinars and posting the content online. Where a potential speaker is not known to the group, we suggest asking for support from the staffed office.
What you will gain?
- Build your profile within the CFA UK network of volunteers, the wider membership and the industry
- Develop leadership, communication and team work skills through our volunteer personal development training
- Recognition for your contribution in shaping and delivering services to the membership
- Opportunity to meet and network with other like-minded investment professionals
- Volunteering brings a “shared experience” amongst peers that has long lasting benefits for your career
- Learn more about what to expect from volunteering in our FAQs here