Climate and investing panel member and question writer
No of new member volunteers
70-80 hours per annum
Climate and Investing Panel Chair and CFA UK Qualifications Manager
The Climate and Investing Panel is responsible for all aspects of the provision of the Certificate in Climate and Investing, including the examination, syllabus and the Official Training Manual (OTM).
In between meetings, Panel members will be asked to review the syllabus, learning materials, new questions and new exam forms remotely.
The Climate and Investing Panel reports into the Examinations and Education Committee, via the Climate and Investing Panel Chair.
CFA UK is looking to develop a new qualification in Impact and Investing and is seeking impact investment practitioner subject matter experts to support the development and launch of the new qualification.
Building on the launch of the Certificate in ESG Investing in 2019 and the Certificate in Climate and Investing in 2022, CFA UK recognises the growing importance of equipping today’s investment professional with the knowledge and skills necessary to understand impact as it relates to investing and to integrate impact considerations into the investment decision making process.
CFA UK is looking for both question writers and panel members to input into the development of the Certificate in Climate and Investing
Key objectives in development and launch phase:
The following objectives have been identified for the Panel for the current membership year 2022/2023:
• Review and update Climate and Investing learning materials
• Review and agree new questions for inclusion in the Climate and Investing question bank
• Review and agree Climate and Investing specimen paper
• Ensure that the questions used in each examination are valid and correct
• Review suspect and commented questions from each exam session and, where necessary, agree amendments
• Review and ratify proposed changes to the Climate and Investing syllabus to ensure it reflects changes to relevant legislation and practices
Who are we looking for?
The purpose of the qualification is to enable investment professionals to understand the implications of climate change in an investment organisation and incorporate the relevant tools, techniques and data into investment decision making.
As such we are seeking investment professionals with subject matter expertise in the following areas:
• Adaptation and resilience
• Climate Policy
• Sector decarbonization
• Corporate and investor disclosures
• Listed Securities
• Real estate
• Climate scenario analysis
Applicants should have:
• Availability for around 7 meeting per year.
• Ability to work with a group to shape ideas.
What you will gain:
• Insight into qualification development and delivery and you will help define and determine the requirements and set the competency standards for those entering the sector.
• Build your profile within the CFA UK network of volunteers, the wider membership and the industry
• The opportunity to meet an interesting and engaged group of fellow practitioners from a range of sectors
• Opportunity to meet and network with other like-minded investment professionals
• Volunteering brings a “shared experience” amongst peers that has long lasting benefits for your career
• Group members should seek prior compliance clearance from their employers
• Members will participate in a personal capacity and not as representatives of their employer.