TheCFA UK Energy Finance Special Interest Group exists to inform the Society and the wider financial community about the energy industry trends and developments (investments, M&A activity, policy changes, ESG issues, etc). It aims to do this through the provision of trending content including events, a forum for the sharing of ideas, and the creation of a community. It also provides opportunities for members to network and expand their knowledge of relevant market trends.
The Energy Finance SIG is now looking for up to two volunteers to join its leadership group (LG). They would work with the existing leader of the group to form an expanded team.
Purpose and activities:
- Assess the topics and events that would be of the most interest to the members of the SIG
- Help find appropriate speakers for live events and/or webinars
- Assist with the sourcing of venues for events
- Help create and share content for the SIG and build up its network
- Contribute in other ways to the creation of a community around the SIG
Who are we looking for?
- Passion for the topic of energy and finance
- Experience within the energy industry (oil & gas, power & utilities, renewable energy, clean technology, petrochemicals, energy infrastructure, energy trading, energy policy, etc.)
- The drive to create a community of similarly-minded individuals
- Willing to access existing networks and create bridges to groups or individuals whose knowledge or expertise compliments the SIG’s area of activity
- Willing to be responsive and creative in finding new ways of engaging the SIG membership
- LG members are likely to be good networkers and competent administrators
- LG members will need to be able to jointly express a vision for the SIG and develop an annual operating plan and a long-term plan for the SIG with the others on the LG team
How CFA UK will help:
- CFA UK will host one event each year for the SIG, including working out all the logistics (booking the venue, etc.). The LG will be responsible for sourcing the venues for and hosting the other events during the year.
- For all the Energy Finance SIG’s events, CFA UK can provide marketing to the Society’s wider membership via the events listing and emails
- The Society can also provide support with technical operations for webinars
- In the long term, CFA UK will provide on online community platform that can be used as a tool to help build the SIG’s network
What will you gain from volunteering in this role?
- Build your profile within the CFA UK network of volunteers, the wider membership and the industry as well as expand your network across the energy industry
- Develop leadership, communication and team work skills
- Recognition for your contribution in shaping and delivering services to the membership
- Opportunity to meet and network with other like-minded investment professionals.
- Volunteering brings a “shared experience” amongst peers that has long-lasting benefits for your career
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please complete the Volunteer Application form and submit it along with an uploaded copy of your CV
Deadline for applications: 30 April 2020